Whilst you get an Aadhaar card, you also supply the government your fingerprint and retinal scan data. That is known as biometric data. Your biometric information can be used for Aadhaar verification, which means that (for example) when you post an Aadhaar card as a proof of identification to get a SIM card, you should use your fingerprint to permit the telecom corporation to access your identification know-how. Through doing this, it will probably rapidly authenticate the identification, dashing up matters like KYC verification.
However, there were a couple of instances where folks have claimed misuse of Aadhaar biometric authentication. Folks who haven't used their Aadhaar card for a at the same time have got an email from UIDAI stating that their information has been accessed by way of biometric authentication. This is certainly quite alarming.
All this can also be refrained from in the event you lock your biometric understanding stored on UIDAI's servers. This might imply that the biometric information are not able to be accessed by way of anybody else - you can free up it whenever you must use it for verification, and then lock it again.
- Open the UIDAI internet site.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar quantity.
- Enter the protection code that indicates up on the photograph under your Aadhaar number.
- Click on Generate OTP.
- A one-time password shall be sent by way of an SMS to your registered phone number. Enter the OTP on the equal web page.
- Click confirm.
- Now determine enable biometric locking.
- Subsequent, click on permit after checking enable biometric locking.
If you wish to disable the lock, uncheck permit biometric locking and click Disable.
This may lock/ release your Aadhar UIDAI biometric knowledge. The steps above also inform you find out how to unencumber it, when you need to achieve this.